Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend Recap

I took a nice looong weekend off work and traveled to Salem, VA for Alumni Weekend and am still recovering. Although this year was tame compared to years past (no one I know was arrested, very little boyfriend drama, that type of stuff), it was still ridiculous. It was so strange to go to a place I called home for four years to see how much, and how little, has changed. The school still attracts the same type of people and it is still easy to spot freshman. The funny thing is, it made me wish I would have been a little LESS involved. Maybe then I could have created closer friendships with more people instead of fostering shallow friendships with a lot of people. 

It was nice to go around at my own pace and not have to have constant people around, but it was also a bit lonely. Hard to imagine when you are in a crowd of some of your former close friends, but I was lost for a bit. When I left my home as a freshman, I went there alone, and when I left, I came back alone. I never got too close to any one group or person and that suited me just fine. And it still does. It's a strange thing to feel. I knew most of the alumns but didn't really know anyone. 

That said, it was a blast and I saw some of my favorite friends. And am SO glad to be home in my own place, in my own bed, even thought it means I have to go to work tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment