Monday, June 1, 2009

meh.

Summer usually draws me out of the funks I get into...not this year. I just feel unsettled, or it could be that I am settled, and that means it's time to leave.  Not really leave here..or maybe it does mean that? I'm ready for the next adventure and next phase of my life. Where can I go? What can I do? Who can I be? 

I love the friends I have, those people know who they are and know that no distance will keep us from staying in touch. But at the same time...I think I'm missing something. I want to belong but at the same time I want to sit back and observe. That's why most of last summer was so amaze, I was a part of this fun group of people, but I could also do my own thing. Somewhere toward the end of summer the group dynamic changed and it hasn't been the same since. I hadn't been that involved in a group of people since I was young. Every day was a party and it was never the same...but you get to a certain point and it gets old. 

I have no desire to drink away my 20s, as most of the people I know do, and I want to fully enjoy everything life has to offer but I'm not sure how. As I said...meh. 

I'll leave you with a quote from the song currently playing on my iTunes...fitting actually.
"Any minute now my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
And I'll stand at the bow
And feel the waves come crashing
Come crashing down, down, down on me...
I'm waiting for my real life to begin."

No comments:

Post a Comment