Wednesday, March 11, 2009

As much as I love Chicago

I love this city, don't get me wrong. It has so much to offer between the music, sights, sounds, and politics...but there is one thing I miss about the south. Tonight as I was walking home from my friend kp's house I looked up at the beautiful night sky. The full(ish) moon was wonderful but there were no stars! One of my favorite memories from dear old RC was looking up at the starry night sky. Some of the best nights were spent on my porch, or at the pool, looking at the stars and just thinking. Even in the burbs, where the visibility is not great, I had a glimpse of the few constellations I knew. I have this amaze courtyard and roof but I just don't get the same feeling (maybe closeness with nature?...) as I did when I was in the Blue Ridge mountains. Sometimes I miss that more than anything...but most times I think of how lucky I am to be in this great city living the life I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment