Tuesday, March 3, 2009

hoookah!

No, not that kind. I'm talking ekoostik hookah! I went to their show at Martyrs' about a month ago and finally have the chance to post some pictures I took. I've been a HUGE hookah fan since I heard 'loner' at 16. This is the second time I've seen them live, and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. While I enjoyed their most recent album, they aren't much of a studio band and I was afraid I wouldn't like the show. The line-up has changed as well, lead vocalist Ed McGee is out with Dave Mullins taking his place. Anyway, when we got there, they were about a quarter way through the first set and it was AMAZE. There is nothing like seeing Sweeny (tall lead guitarist) go off on a jam. When you watch him, you can tell he is holding back just waiting for his moment and when it comes, he steals the show. I've heard stories, but seeing it live was one of my top 5 music moments. 

Best part of the show? Seeing Cliff yodel (yes, he yodels) and chatting with the band. Cliff is by far my favorite, he's so cute! Most disappointing part? Not hearing 'loner.' Still, it was well worth the money.


Katz at his best

Cliff yodeling, check out the grin on Katz!

Sweeny during one of his many jam sessions 


I love how the pic turned out even if they are a little blurry. It makes me think of the grainy pictures from the 60s and 70s. 



No comments:

Post a Comment