Monday, March 16, 2009

I hear the drums echoing tonight

I love Chi after dark. Sad to say, I sometimes feel safer after dark than I do during rush hour. Maybe my nocturnal tendencies are coming out, but something about this place in the night appeals to me. I feel the true character of a city reveals itself after night falls. I was at my friend cf's house and we were discussing how some cities feel safe at night and others are sketch. For some reason, I feel the same sense of comfort here as I did in Sunny Salem. Yes, I am aware of the dangers and I do my best to avoid them, but at the same time I feel comforted (not sure if that is the right word?) when I am wandering at night here. 

After the frat boys and trixies have retired to a drunken stupor, only the nocturnal creatures are left. I'm not sure what drive the others, but to me, the smell of the changing seasons and the sounds (like the el and ambulances) give me a sense of home and comfort. 

After the great convo/drinks at cf's, I took my neighbor's dog for a walk and we ended up in a local park. As she sniffed around, I retired to the swings. As I swung higher and higher, I realized I hadn't felt this free since high school. Spring is def here, and not a moment too late! 

No comments:

Post a Comment